Developer on the Veterans Benefits Management System project for the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Team member on a Scrum team that focuses on Document Management and Import Services. Developer Point of Contact for Information Assurance concerns and defect resolution.
- Delivered functional story work using agile development practices
- Mentored other developers and helped them improve their skill set in various areas
- Led efforts to revamp Information Assurance (IA) efforts by writing the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for addressing IA defects
- Delivered multiple presentations to address security defects in VBMS and proposed mitigation through a positive prevention model
- Resolved defects in VBMS including defects related to Information Assurance, Section 508 compliance, performance, and the user interface
- Wrote automated tests